5 Best Air Coolers to Buy in Singapore for 2020
Why and what are air coolers. If you’re trying to beat the summer heat but want an inexpensive and convenient way of doing it at the same time, then air coolers are the perfect choice for you. Today there are many different types of air coolers from different brands. The market is saturated with different air cooler products, such as room coolers (used for bedrooms, small offices), duct coolers (used for central air cooling), large coolers (used for large halls, larger offices) etc. based on the area they cool down. But for all of them, the basic working principle remains the same.
In this post, we’ll try to explain how air coolers work and give you some tips on the best air coolers to buy in Singapore.
Things to Consider while Purchasing Air Cooler
Key things to keep in mind when buying Air Cooler:
- Buy the right, suitable size. See below for CFM calculation.
- Buy air coolers with better honeycomb pads.
- Coolers with galvanized steel bodies have higher efficiency and longevity.
- Buy air Coolers that are highly efficient than air conditioners.
- Look out for Moisture Control features if you’re in a humid city.
Room Size and Air Delivery
It is imperative to use a cooler with the correct size as per the size of the room you want to cool for a cooler to work efficiently. A unit called CFM that is, cubic feet per minute determines the sizing of the coolers. The CFM is a unit used to measure the flow of air. The higher the CFM means that the ventilator moves more air into the room. A simple calculation will help you find the correct size of the cooler you need.
Performance, power use, and other factors
- Compared with air conditioners, the electricity used by air coolers is much less. A 1-ton AC would consume 0.8 units per hour while an air cooler would consume just 0.1 units per hour for the same size of space. Similarly, a 1.5-ton AC would consume about 1.2-1.3 units in an hour while an air-cooler would consume only 0.12 units in an hour for the equivalent size of the room. Higher energy consumption translates into higher power bills. Therefore, coolers are also pocket safe alongside being environmentally friendly!
- Even the cooling pads used contributes to the performance, in addition to temperature. The patterns used in the cooling pads have a considerable effect on the process of water absorption and evaporation. A honeycomb and aspen (wood wool) are two common patterns. The difference in both patterns is the ability to absorb water and ease air passage through it. Aspen pads are efficient at about 75% compared to honeycomb pads which are efficient at around 85%.
- Another significant consideration is the material used to make the cooler. Fibre body coolers look more elegant than their counterparts in the steel body but have a smaller pad area for cooling. Hence fibre coolers have less cooling efficiency than steel body coolers. Galvanized steel body provides protection against rusting and therefore gives the coolers longer life along with greater efficiency.
Benefits of Air Coolers
- The air coolers, apart from being inexpensive, use water for cooling and do not use any refrigerant such as CFC, HCFC, etc. for cooling as is the case with air conditioners. They are therefore very friendly to the Eco.
- The initial cost to purchase a cooler is much smaller than air conditioners. This means underinvestment!
- Compared to air conditioners, the power consumed by these coolers is much less, so the annual energy savings are significant. The cost of using coolers, therefore, results in lower investment, lower than using ACs.
- Coolers are portable. Hence putting them in the room you want to cool is very easy.
- In a house, air conditioners cool the air and direct the air in the same space again, while air coolers use fresh outside air, cool it down, and channel it inside the house. Therefore more fresh air circulates through the house.
Our Best 5 Air Coolers to Buy in Singapore
As far as functions are concerned, the fan of Sona SAC 6029 Air Cooler produces up to 430m3 of airflow per hour. You would imagine the strong gush of cool air, along with its double oscillation capacity, reaching every corner of your room. In addition, Sona SAC 6029 Air Cooler has a built-in ionizer which can also help purify the air. What’s more, it also has a humidifying feature! It is simple to use and to switch between functions and speeds with its touchscreen controls.
Sona SAC 6029 Air Cooler is suitable for home and office use and is one of the best Air Coolers to buy in Singapore.
Kuche KAC2018C is actually a gorgeous tower-shaped air cooler. If you are going for its the looks, you are not losing anything, and its central air cooling feature is also very effective. If you are looking for a sleek air cooler, definitely tuck this at the back of your mind.
In addition to its good looks, it is highly practical with strong airflow which can oscillate within a range of 90 degrees. There are six different choices to choose from, that is, low, medium, strong, regular, natural, and sleepy. There’s even an alternative to purify the air by ionizing it. There is surely one mode for every situation which is perfect for it. Simply use the remote control to select the mode.
No doubt, Aerogaz 5L Air Cooler can cool down a room. The Aerogaz air cooler offers profound value at an unbeatable price. It has good airflow, and you’ll certainly notice the impact as soon as you turn it on for a few minutes. Essentially, the air cooler is very practical and serves its purpose well.
Aerogaz 5L Air Cooler is a nice and reasonable start if you are looking to try out an air cooler but don’t want to devote a fortune to one then you should consider this $129.00 gem.
The JML Arctic Air Cooler can be referred to as the wonder air cooler for its wonderfully small size yet, the capacity to bring the cool of an ocean. This is why the benchmark price is unbelievable for this product.
JML Arctic Air Cooler might not cool an entire room because of its size, but it will blow you away if directed at you.
You do not have to break a bank for Honeywell CL25AE Air Cooler. It is an amazing Air cooler that is capable of generating a super-strong airflow which reaches up to 850m3 per hour. You’ll definitely feel its prowess once you get on it. It’s not just strong air, and it’s also refrigerating. The temperature in your room is going to go down for sure.
Honeywell CL25AE Air Cooler is ideal for a living room, bedroom or even balcony with an efficient range of up to 250 square feet or 23 square metres. You should definitely have this one in your reading room.
Now that we have shown you the best air cooler to buy in Singapore, use this guide as an anchor that helps you to purchase your new Air Cooler. Give your home a facelift and start cooling your air, saving money on products and be stylish about it.
Related Topic: The 7 Best Air Purifiers in Singapore for Cleaner Indoor Air
Written by: Adedayo
Subscribe for newsletter
* You will receive the latest news and updates on Singapore's best trends!